No doubt you will have been receiving advise about Covid-19 from a number of sources already.
There are many variables which will affect how to deal with this. If you have any concerns then please contact the local authorities to get their guidance.- Healthline 0800 611 116
COVID-19: guidance for education settings
What you need to know
– Staff and students should stay at home if they are unwell. Otherwise they should attend the centre as normal.
– If anyone in the centre appears unwell they should be sent home.
– Comply fully with the current Hygiene Guidelines inside your centre.
– Unless you have been directly advised to close by a local authority, we recommend all centres remain open.
– The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a new, continuous cough or a high temperature.
– For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild infection.
What to do if someone appears unwell
– If anyone appears unwell in the centre they should be sent home and advised to contact their doctor or 13Health and follow their advice.
– If a child is awaiting collection due to being unwell, they should be moved away from other students and staff (i.e at least 2m) whilst remaining in adequate supervision.
– If a member of staff has helped someone who appears unwell, they do not need to go home unless they develop symptoms themselves. They should wash their hands thoroughly for 20 seconds after any contact with someone who is unwell.
– If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in your centre, you will be led by the local health authorities. Follow their instructions.
New Zealand: https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus